2013年5月22日水曜日
The Necessity for an Educational Pardigm Shift
After listening to Rab's argument concerning the system of ELA and ICU as a whole, I thought that ICU should accept creativity more. Even though ICU is much more creative than most schools in Japan, I think that it could be better because of new technology that is being introduced year by year. I think that Rab's way of teaching is very up-to-date, there are many articles and videos online that support Rab's philosophy. I think that the problem of the upper powers being too conservative is a major concern for many creative educators around the world. The educational pardigm needs to shift from the classic classroom to the new, more techy kind of classroom. It's just more efficient and effective in my opinion. I've experienced both kinds of classes, but its obvious to me that using technology in class is far more superior in terms of efficiency and effectiveness than just reading textbooks or copying the blackboard onto a piece of paper. There are way too much inefficient methods used not only in education in schools, but in education in various fields such as sports. For example, the training methods used in basketball in Japan is unscientific and is in fact, completely detrimental to the player's performance. However, most coaches do not see this as a problem because they believe that old training methods are more effective because that's how they think they got better. There needs to be a shift in the education paradigm, and we need to use more efficient and effective methods that have evidence or logic, instead of just sticking with tradition. I think that this is one of the major problems that needs to be dealt with when it comes to education.
登録:
コメントの投稿 (Atom)
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿