2013年5月30日木曜日

Democracy

In this lecture, Rab pointed out the contradictions of what is considered to be democracy in the modern world and how it fails to serve the people's opinions. It was a very interesting lecture, as it covered the problems and reasons for why "democracy" is corrupt and the alternative solutions.

Rab mentioned that in the UK (or in a any country), politics is a rich mans game. He pointed out that this is unfair because this means that unless you don't have money, you cannot represent your political opinions. However, although I think this is true I also think that in today's world, it is difficult to be in an environment to have high education without sufficient money. I am not saying that rich people coming into power is a coincidence, but I think that it would be difficult for a person to be politically influential and have strong points to back up their political opinions without a high education. I think that even if someone tried to change the system so that money wouldn't be involved in political power, not much would change.

Money being the motivation for governments and companies isn't healthy because of the economic disparity it causes, but it seems normal because it is a capitalist era where money is everything. With money, you can buy almost anything (besides love of course). If money is the motivation to take advantage of poorer countries, then money should be used as the demotivator to solve these kinds of issues. This has been effective in reducing CO2 (Kyoto Protocol), and it could be used in solving the power issues between poor and rich countries (I assume that there are some international laws like this already).

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿