2013年5月15日水曜日

LLA 5/14

No one sleeps in Rab's classes, but I didn't know quite know why. There was no doubt that sleepiness didn’t creep up because of the classes were entertaining, but I didn’t know that Rab was using techniques so that we wouldn’t get bored. Segmentation was the technique Rab introduced to us today which is useful not only for teaching but for presentations also. Constantly changing stimulus every 7-10 minutes makes it so that students don’t lose their attention span. This means switching between talking, videos, photos, moving around, etc. I thought that more teachers would use these techniques to teach. I also thought that more teachers should educate themselves how to teach more effectively, because many teachers are boring. In Japan, the student is bad for not listening even if the teacher is extremely boring. However, from what I have learned from various lectures in the ELA, I don’t see that as the case anymore. The teachers should be more responsible in getting the students attention and interest, instead of the student being responsible for it (I am not saying that students are not responsible at all for paying attention in class).  

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿