We had a lecture from a gentleman with a great smile, Mr. Ken Enochs. He talked about technologies that is said to take over this world based on a book called "Radical Evolution" by Joel Garreu. I looked at reviews of the book, and found out that what Mr. Enochs talked about today was probably basically a summary of the book. Although I haven't read the book, the concepts Mr. Enochs talked about were all from the book. I agree with the 4 technologies that are said to take over the world (Genetic Engineering, Robotics, Intelligence, Nanotechnology) and the way he dissected them into strong and weak forms of each technology, and the 3 possible outcomes of the future, but I felt like I had felt nothing new. The things we learned today were obvious in a way, and just rephrased to make them seem like complex new things. However, I don't think Mr. Enochs was trying to give us an in depth view about this topic, but instead was trying to give us an introduction to this topic which he did a fantastic job on. I especially like his introduction slide with all the cool effects and sci-fi background music.
It is interesting to think about how technology will evolve in the future, as newer and newer technology keep coming out every year. The recent Google product, the Google Glasses, look like they have the potential to become something big. Right now, they are too expensive and too chunky to become something that normal people can use, but like a lot of digital products, after it gets more slimmer and more accessible, it is sure to become a popular product. I am predicting that someday there will be a product that is like Google Glasses, except in the form of contact lenses, or in a form that is not visible to other people. I wonder if Rab has tried them out already, because he is a member of Google. If these glasses become popular, I'm predicting that a "megane boom" might occur in Japan.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿