I did my presentation today about corporal punishment, and I came across some problems. The first problem was that we did not have remote controllers so that we could slide through our powerpoints remotely while talking. I tried carrying the mouse and the keyboard, but the wires were too short to do so, so I ended up just going back and forth to the keyboard. It would have been better if I had just programmed some of the actions so that the slides would be more smoother. Another problem was time. We had 4 people in our group, which meant we only had about 6-7 minutes to talk. We had to cram everything in to get everything to fit in, but ended up having little time for questions. I liked how Rab was strict about the time, because in a professional setting the same rules apply. I needed to take out the unnecessary words in my talking to make it fit into the time, which I will try to do next time. The final problem I encountered was movement. I forgot all about walking around to make the presentation more interesting. I was distributing eye contact throughout the class, but I didn't move around enough in a natural way.
I felt Joki did a great job talking about his subject, which he was obviously passionate about. His integration of music in the slides and the points he made with it were clear and had an impact. It actually convinced me to listen to some old hip hop. He was calm throughout the presentation, and had very interesting points.
Next time I do a presentation I think I will take more photos by myself, as finding images were difficult. Also, the video I took was messed up because I took the video using the iPhone, but it wasn`t in landscape mode so the width was too short. I uploaded the videos, so you can take a look again if you want.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿